The President Office
- Sep 19: Acting President Luke Cheung attended the 20th Anniversary (1997-2017) Thanksgiving Worship cum Projects Sharing of CWM / Nethersole Fund.
- Oct 13-18: Rev Dr Luke Cheung attended the Annual General Meeting of CGST Canadian Board in Vancouver. He also preached at Sunday worship service and CGST Night revival meeting at local Chinese churches, as well as shared a message on the Development of Christianity and Opportunities of Theological Education in Mainland China.
- Aug 30-Sep 21: Associate Dean Dr Simon Cheung attended the Postdoctoral Research Seminar hosted by Langham Foundation at Wycliffe Hall of Oxford University, UK. Dr Cheung presented a paper entitled “Psalms, Desires, and Ethics: Reading Psalms 63 and 84 with an Ethical Eye.”
- Sep 5-6: Dr Pan Yi Yung was invited by Holy Light Theological Seminary of Taiwan to conduct four sessions of seminar on spirituality and 2 sessions of revival meetings.
- Sep 15: Academic Dean Dr Jean Lee accepted invitation from Prudential Christian Fellowship to preach at their 25th Anniversary Thanksgiving Worship meeting.
- Sep 21: Dr Joyce Sun was invited by The Society for Truth and Light to speak at their Life and Ethics Dialogue.
- Sep 29: Associate Dean Dr Bernard Wong was invited to preach at the Christian & Missionary Alliance Hebron Church.
- Sep 30: Dr Jean Lee attended the 2nd meeting of Hong Kong Theological Education Association in 2017-18.
- Oct 1: Ms Wance Kwan was invited to attend the Operational Mobilization (OM) Hong Kong General Secretary Inauguration cum 60th Anniversary Thanksgiving meeting. Ms Kwan also delivered a sermon at the Thanksgiving meeting.
- Oct 1: Rev Dr Song Jun was invited by Hong Kong Baptist Church to conduct a seminar at their Twoweek activities on the theme of China.
- Oct 8: Rev Dr Kin-Yip Louie was invited to attend the Macau Christianity Book Fair co-sponsored by Christian Shuen Tao Church Hong Kong and Macau District Union Association and Christian Literature Mission. Rev Louie was also the speaker of the seminar on “The 500th Anniversary of the Reformation.”
- Oct 9: Dr Pan was invited by Christian Communications Ltd to conduct a seminar on metropolitan retreat day camp. Besides, Najing Union Theological Seminary invited Dr Pan to attend the commencement exercise of their first Doctor of Ministry class. Dr Pan taught at their DMin intensive course on Research Methodology.
- Oct 12-Dec 14: Rev Dr Song was invited by Kowloon Baptist Church to conduct a series of classes on Chinese folk religions and life issues.
- Oct 17: Dr Xue Xiaxia was invited by Chosen People Ministries Hong Kong to share a message at their 10th Anniversary Bible and Mission seminar.
- Oct 19-23: Seminar series “2017 A Wind in the House of Islam” was co-organized by CGST, Frontiers Hong Kong, Department of Intercultural Studies of Alliance Bible Seminary, and Evangel Seminary. Ms Wance Kwan was the respondent of the session “The Challenge of Contextualization in Muslim Missions” on the 20th. Rev Timothy Au was the respondent of the session “Church Planting Movements – Handy Guide to Healthy Churches” which was held on the 23rd.
- Oct 25-30: Rev Dr Louie attended the Conference hosted by World Reformed Fellowship at Wittenberg, Germany. “The Global Impact of the Reformation and its Relevance for Continuing Reformation” was the theme of the conference.
- Oct 26: Dr Pan was invited by The Society for Truth and Light to speak at their Life and Ethics Dialogue. She preached on the topic of the spiritual path of suffering.
- Nov 3-14: Dr Jean Lee conducted workshop and seminar on marketplace and reflective collaboration in Toronto between the 3rd and 8th. She also visited local regional council members and supporters. Dr Lee went on to New York to attend the Annual General Meeting of the CGST US Board, lead seminars and preach at Sunday Worship Service between the 9th and 14th respectively.
- Aug 24-28: Mr Leung Kwok-Kuen, Director of Word of Life Ministry, visited Beijing to preach at the revival meeting and Sunday service at Beijing International Christian Fellowship.
- Sep 19: Mr Daniel Law, Director of Development, attended the 20th Anniversary (1997-2017) Thanksgiving Worship cum Projects Sharing of CWM / Nethersole Fund.
Electronic Donation Receipt
- In order to reduce paper consumption and save the environment, and effective September 2017, the donation receipts are to be sent out via email. If you do not have an email address or prefer receiving the donation receipt by post, please inform us and we shall arrange for you accordingly. Thank you for caring about the environment.
- Pray for Rev Dr Stephen Lee. May God cover him with grace and His healing hands be upon him.
- Pray for teachers and students who are preparing for their end of semester teaching, learning, assignments, and exams. May God grant them strength and wisdom.
- Departments are now planning next year’s ministry development. Pray that God will give all department heads wisdom as they embark on a new year of ministries.
- Pray that God may continue to guide those who will attend the Dedication Camp coming up in February 2018 to discern their vocation and calling from above.
Subscribe to electronic version of CGST English Bulletin
Thank you for subscribing to our print edition of English Bulletin. More trees are being torn down when we continue to print the quarterly Bulletin. We now would like to invite you to take part in protecting the environment, by subscribing to our electronic version.
You can simply visit here and fill in the information as requested. From next issue onwards, you will receive an email notification to view the electronic version of the English Bulletin. Thank you for making an effort to save the earth!
General Fund Financial Report
Aug to Oct, 2017
|Tuition & other income||709,407|
|Deficit from Jan to Jul 2017||(131,223)|
|Outstanding mortgage loan as at Oct, 2017||US$ 1,681,663|