The President Office
- Vice President Kang Phee Seng takes part in the special project on the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation in 2017, organized by the Chinese Coordination Center of World Evangelism. This project will be a highlight of the 9th Chinese Congress of World Evangelization which will be held in Taiwan in 2016.
- April 12: President Lee was invited to attend the meeting co-hosted by World Evangelical Alliance and Lausanne Movement.
- May 2: President Lee accepted the invitation by Hangzhou Chong-I Church to join its 10th Anniversary Thanksgiving Services.
- May 16 – 17: President Lee was the speaker of the Spring Conference hosted by the Vancouver Chinese Evangelical Free Church.
- May 18: We commemorate the 40th Anniversary by having the first Thanksgiving Service in Fraserview MB Church in Vancouver. President Stephen Lee gave the sermon.
- May 22 – 24: Being invited by Calgary Chinese Pastoral Fellowship, President Lee preached at the Calgary Cantonese Revival Meetings.
- March 26 – 29: Dr Sarah Shea Ip attended the ACERP 2015 The Asian Conference on Ethics, Religion & Philosophy hosted by The International Academic Forum. “Power” was the theme of the Conference. Dr Ip also presented a paper entitled “Listening to the Powerless: Religious Education for Adults with Severe Intellectual Disabilities.”
- April 20 – 24: Mrs Wance Chan attended the “2nd Annual Christian Forum for Reconciliation in Northeast Asia” in Nagasaki, Japan.
- May 3: Rev Dr Kin Yip Louie was invited by Hong Kong Professional Educational Services to speak at its forum for marketplace Christians.
- February – July: Dr Daniel Lee has been on leave for research writing.
- Dr Kasper Wong’s recent essay was published in the Festschrift in honor of Professor Lo Lung-Kwong, the retired President of Chung Chi College, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Chinese Christian Literature Council was the publisher of the book.
- March: President Emeritus Carver Yu’s publication Listening in Simplified Chinese version was published by Nanjing Union Theological Seminary in China.
- May: Dr Wing Yan Chan Mok’s new book, The Church Fulfilling Divine Mission, was published by Christian Communications Ltd.
- March 26 – 29: Dr Sam Ip attended the ACERP 2015 The Asian Conference on Ethics, Religion & Philosophy hosted by The International Academic Forum. “Power” was the theme of the Conference. Dr Ip also presented a paper entitled “Pontius Pilate as an Embodiment of State Power.”
- April 1 – 15: Mr Kwok Kuen Leung, Director of Word of Life Ministry, went to the United Kingdom between the 1st and the 8th, and onward to New Jersey, Washington DC and Boston of the US from the 9th to the 15th, to promote Word of Life Bible Study Ministry.
- We mourn the death of Rev Samuel To, Washington DC Regional Council member of the US Board, who passed away on April 12. The memorial service was held at the Chinese Bible Church of College Park on April 17.
- We extend our deep sympathy to the family and friends of Mr Heili Hong Chak Lee, one of the founding CGST Board members, went to be with The Lord. The memorial service was held at the Chinese Bible Church in California, USA on April 18.
Graduation Exercises and Dinner
- The Thirty-eighth Graduation Exercises is to be held at the Wing Kwong Pentecostal Holiness Church at 3:00pm on June 27, Saturday. Dr Michael Chiu, CGST Board Chairman, is the guest speaker. Graduation Dinner is to be held at Paramount International Banquet Hall in Kowloon Bay that evening.
- Pray for the students who are graduating in June, that God will grant those entering full time ministry a humble heart to serve in faithfulness wherever God places them. Pray also for those who have completed the evening part time programs. May God use them to integrate what they have learnt in their workplace and to witness Christ in their professions.
- Pray for the applicants who are being considered for the new school year. May God direct the selection process and give wisdom to the Admission Committee members.
- Pray for our students in field education assignments overseas, at local churches and para-church organizations during the summer. May God strengthen their passion for mission and pastoral ministry, and may the students experience new learning lessons.
General Fund Financial Report
Jan to Apr, 2015
|Tuition & other income||976,351|
|Outstanding mortgage loan as at Apr, 2015||US$ 2,440,182|